Exhibition Patras Innovaton Quest – PatrasIQ, is know-how transfer event which has already been organized three times on 2012, 2015 & 2016, and aims to develop and strengthen cooperation among the research community and the productive sector, benefiting the citizens of the area in several ways:
1. Through the implementation of research and innovation in the production industry, which develops new competitive products, generates new needs and ultimately creates new jobs, which in turn provide income in the region and multiplying benefits to the national economy.
2. Through the attraction of investors from Greece and abroad, who can utilize local know how and invest in products and services, thereby increasing the competitiveness of the local and national economy with all parallel positive effects.
The exhibition includes:
• Exhibits and models of innovative research products
• Applied Research Presentations
• Speeches by founders of startups and innovative SMEs
• Lectures on technology transfer issues, intellectual property and resources to finance the conversion of innovative ideas into products
More specifically, researchers present to the productive sector and investors, mature research results that have the potential of being exploited for productively and commercially. Similarly, problems of the productive sector can be discussed with researchers in order to identify possible solutions.
This initiative contributes to creating critical competitive advantage, both in the research community and the productive sector, through the perpetual effort to resolve problems and implement innovative ideas. Moreover, it aspires to become a tool for researchers who wish to present their applied research in the productive sector. The objective is to familiarize both researchers and the productive sector to the knowledge management process and exploitation of innovative ideas, on the mechanisms and conditions for building networks, on clusters and alternative ways of financing innovation.
The exhibition is under the auspices of the Ministries of Education, Research and Religious Affairs and the Economy, Development and Tourism with the signature of a framework agreement between them and the University of Patras, the Chamber of Achaia, the Region of Western Greece, the Hellenic Open University and the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece.